Ready for your healthy dessert for breakfast weekend pancake recipe? Try this banana and chocolate chip peanut butter protein pancake recipe that is sure to delight your taste buds. It uses my simple 4 ingredient clean peanut butter pancake recipe as a base and all you need are a couple extra ingredients to make this weekend’s pancake edition.
I’m only a few days out from being on the ICU, but I am still reveling in the joys of being back on elective. Although I’m so ready for the weekend! A free weekend that is! I’ve worked every day for the past 19 days except one Sunday a couple Sunday’s back. So I am very much looking forward to not having to work this weekend to say the least.
I will admit. There are a few con’s, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Really it all revolves around the fact that I no longer get to wear jammies every day :(.
It was so nice just getting up, throwing on a pair of scrubs and minimal makeup, eating my (cough cough) first breakfast since I typically eat at least two 😉 especially on mornings when my first one is so early. Side note: I don’t know how people go hours and hours and hours without eating. It’s totally a foreign concept to me. I’m always eating, or snacking on something lol.
So CON: I now have actually put on real clothes! So, I’ve got to take time to consider the weather, my outfit, accessories and everything. Oh well, I love putting together outfits and accessorizing them! It just takes me longer in the morning to get ready. BUUUUTTTT since I get to get up when the sun is actually up now, I’ll take the trade off.
1.It is now light when I get up, and when I get home! AKA my hours are much more respectable
2. This means I actually have some free time! However, sometimes this is a bit unnerving. I get all paranoid when I have drastic time requirement shifts such as this. I’m all like:
3.Even better, I have free weekends again. WOOT WOOT! Unless I get pulled to cover when I’m on jeopardy this month). Keep your fingers crossed for me that this doesn’t happen.
- This should allow me to focus on all the things I need to do to prepare for my next program and *gasp* moving across the country.
4. Still not having to wear my white coat
- Fact: Ok, so I got away without wearing my coat on ICU, hehe. I actually really am not a fan of wearing it.
- However, it is great for having lots of pockets to put things in. (AKA lots of snacks) and also great for warmth since it’s so heavy.
5. NO MORE ISOLATION ROOMS AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT MONTH!!!
- You’ve heard me talk before about how much I hate gowning up. It’s seriously the worst.
Yay! So overall, major life improvements here people, well, at least for the month haha. Now let’s get to today’s recipe! I may or may have not had some serious trouble not eating all of these before I could take a picture. They are so yummy! I hope you like them! In case you missed it: Here is the other recipe made with my clean peanut butter protein pancake mix recipe.
Do you love to make pancakes?
Would you rather wear jammies to work? Or, do you like to pick out your outfits for work?